Welcome to our Blog for Penumbra Web Vision

"Welcome to our Blog for Penumbra Web Vision Care"! I hope you find it interesting and helpful. Say Hi or let us know what you think by clicking on "comments" located below each post!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Welcome, I wanted you to get to know me, so here is a bit about myself and my history...

Welcome. I’m Christopher Reynolds Optometrist and father. I’m a New York native but call North Carolina home now. I went to school to be an optometrist in the early 80s, I received my Bachelor of Science in Biology at SUNY at Geneseo, and got my Doctor of Optometry at the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Optometry in 1983.
I started the Christopher Reynolds Optometrist Blog so that I could share my education and life experiences with other interested optometrists in North Carolina and around the US.

I knew I wanted to be an Optometrist early on. I’ve always had a knack for science, and sports, but professional basketball didn’t seem promising, so I entered State University of New York at Geneseo with my eyes on a degree in optometry. During my time at the State University of New York at Geneseo, I worked extremely hard to pay for my entire education. I held several jobs while taking a full course-load and pulling a great GPA. I knew it was going to be a lot of hard work, but my dream of becoming an optometrist was my only priority. Any extra work I could find, extracurricular activities I could participate in, I took knowing it would be worth all the extra hours when I was finally an optometrist. I was a Science Club Member during my four years. After I received my Bachelor of Science at SUNY Geneseo, I entered my next phase of education, the University of Birmingham School of Optometry.
I was the Class President at University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Optometry, which was a wonderful educational and leadership experience for me. I played several sports during my time at the university. I participated in intramural basketball, softball and football while in Optometry School. It might have been a lot, but I have always been a sports enthusiast, so for me, it was a great way to take my mind off school work for a few hours a week. During my time at the School of Optometry, my residency was completed at Veterans Administration Hospital Optometry Residency in 1988 at the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Optometry Tuscaloosa Veterans Administration Medical Center.
I started the  Christopher Reynolds Optometrist Blog  because I wanted to share my educational experience on the web. I have resumes and documents all over my computer about my accomplishments, and I wanted to find one place to talk about my life. So Christopher Reynolds Optometrist grew.

 

Christopher Reynolds Optometrist Skills and Expertise:

  • Hospital Clinical Optometry – Consulted and coordinated interdisciplinary patient eye care with Veterans
  • Administration Medical Center Physicians and staff for ocular and systemically related pathology.  Performed Staff Optometry rounds for diagnosis and treatment of ocular pathology for non-ambulatory nursing home and hospitalized patients.
  • Dry Eye and Ocular Surface Disease Treatment – Achieved a high success rate for lacrimal occlusion using external and internal punctual plugs, contact lenses, and ocular lubricants, topical and systemic prescriptions and surgical consults.
  • Laser Vision Correction – Skilled in Laser Vision Co-management for standard and custom LASIK, LASEK, PRK,
  • Implantable Lenses, enhancements, and mono-vision. Knowledgeable in Pre-Operative evaluation and Post-Operative treatment of complications such as epithelial in-growth, DLK, flap issues, keratitis and dry eyes.
  • Ocular Disease Management – Knowledgeable in the diagnosis and treatment of a wide variety of Anterior and Posterior
  • Segment ocular diseases and interpreting retinal and anterior segment photography, visual fields, corneal topography, ophthalmoscopy and fluorecein angiography.
  • Contact Lens and Eyeglass Prescriptions – Apply accurate refractions and prescriptions for contact lenses and eyeglasses to increase success and minimize refitting. Adept at fitting complex contact lens and eyeglasses prescriptions.
  • Practice Management – Excellence in managing a practice by leadership, organization and delivering a positive and quality eye care experience and through professionally promoting sales of eyecare services, prescriptions and optical products.
  • Binocular Vision/ Low Vision – Employ optical and visual treatment for eye muscle imbalances, amblyopia, strabismus, focusing, convergence deficiencies and loss of vision.
  • Optometry Insurance and Optical – knowledgeable in optometric coding and optical solutions for visual problems.

 

Christopher Reynolds’ Clinical Optometric Achievements:

  • Developed a fast-paced high quality patient eye care practice seeing 40 patients per day
  • Established a  large successful advanced multidisciplinary medical eyecare consulting practice
  • Specialized in dry eye treatment resulting in over 200 Lacrimal Occlusion procedures per year
  • Treated and co-managed over 95% of patients in the practice for refractive, medical contacts and surgery
  • Co-management of Lasik, cataracts and systemically related ocular diseases and binocular vision disorders with educational and occupational therapists.
  • Performed accurate refractions for glasses and complex contact lens fittings 95% success rate and less than 5% refitting.
  • TLC: Optometric Advisory Board—Leading referring Doctor for co-management of Lasik

Christopher Reynolds’ Practice Management Accomplishments:

  • Designed a 4000 square ft. computerized professional state-of-the-art eye care facility for clinical and optical eye care.
  • Directed a private practice which grew more than 20% each year and reached a 3 million dollar level in total annual revenues.
  • Developed large high revenue producing optical practice by:  coordinating computerized professional prescription recommendations with a well-trained optical staff—creating a large modern optical with excellent eye wear selection—computerized ordering—frame tracing and high percentage premium optical products sales.
  • Directed a 12 member staff to produce premium quality for high level of patient satisfaction, increased revenues.
  • Increased eye care revenues through effective advanced and accurate insurance billing and coding knowledge and strategies.
  • Created an improved recall system improving success rate by 50% increasing patient retention and annual volume.
  • Implemented a Practice Management Software and paperless office increasing office efficiency for exams, inventory, recall, insurance filing

Christopher Reynolds’ Optometry Licensure and Continuing Education:

  • State of North Carolina Board Of Optometry, Therapeutics Certified
  • State of Virginia, Department of Medicine Optometry Therapeutics Certified
  • National Board of Medical Examiners in Optometry
  • 500 plus hours of certified Optometric Therapeutic Continuing Education
  • American Optometric Society member
Christopher Reynolds OptometristAside from being an Optometrist, I am a father to one amazing teenage, Kiera Maureen Reynolds. She is the light of my life, it’s funny even though I call her a teen, she is maturing into a young lady and I am so proud of her. We love to take trips together and one of my favorite hobbies is coaching her sport teams.
Thanks for reading Christopher Reynolds Optometrist blog, I hope you enjoyed the site!
Christopher Reynolds Optometrist

No comments:

Post a Comment